Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

I know I seem to blog a lot about Brian's work stuff - but I just get so excited and want to share.  Plus, I figure it is our family blog, and Brian's not one to mention this stuff on his own so here goes another post that you can skip if you could care less!

At any rate - today Brian got his first grant!!!  Oh happy day.  He has been included on other people's grants and gotten some as a grad student - but this is his first official grant that he is the primary investigator on.  The glorious sponsor's of the grant are his professional foundation - the American Physical Therapy Association.  I love them.   I really do.  They gave us 3 grants during grad school that saved us $30K in student loans.  They are one of the few organizations that when in a position to do so, I will donate lots of money to.  And now this.  Man, they are cool.

So, as a rookie researcher they typically give you 2 years to set up your lab and get a clue.  Then, years 2-4 you are supposed to get a foundation (non-federal money) grant (that's what he just got today.)  Then years 4+ you are supposed to turn that foundation grant into a larger NIH (federal) grant.  So, Bri is on track and this will be nice boost for his 2 year evaluation coming up.  The grant is to study his favorite thing...patella femoral pain..aka pain under your knee cap. 

It is just a tiny little baby grant (compared to the $19 million grant his advisor who is now at Harvard just got), but we'll take it.  You gotta start somewhere and this one came just at the right time to add a little wind to Brian's sails.  Time to go out to eat in celebration!  

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oooo-very exciting! Congratulations!

Cara
Bev/Mom said…
I am SO happy for him and all of you and of course OH SO PROUD of my son.
Love you all
Anonymous said…
This is absolutely fabulous news!!! Happiness abounds!!
Anonymous said…
So fantiactic. I love it that you keep us informed on Brians accomplishments. He's the MAN!! Way to go!!
Awesome!! Tell him congrats! And, yes, I hope you went out to eat to celebrate. :)
Amy said…
I don't want to steal Brian's thunder, but patella femoral pain is my favorite thing too. hee hee

Tell Brian we're so proud of him!!
angela said…
Hooray! So glad this one worked out. If you want to bring the kiddos over, you and Brian should go celebrate ALONE! :-)
Andee said…
How wonderful!! And you should post such things! I would do it too!!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive