Germ Blast


Lately we haven't been up to much.  We've had lots of snow days, and we've also had lots of colds.  Luckily some of these were combined, so the kiddos didn't have to miss extra school.  We realized that Haley might not be feeling well when we went to a friend's house for dinner Saturday night and she curled up in one of their chairs and fell asleep and got feverish.  What good company we are!  I also caught something that wiped me out for a few days and now Grant is following with the same stuff Haley had. 

So last night, I decided enough was enough and thanks to the energy of a 2 1/2 hour nap (heavenly!) I blasted through the house cleaning the kitchen, every bathroom, surface, floor, door knob, and light switch I could find.  Today all sheets, towels and articles of clothing were washed.  I'm sure I blasted any lingering germs...until we actually head back into the world and catch the next bug!  You gotta love winter!

Comments

One of the many reasons I hate winter. :) I'm glad you blasted the bugs--that feels so good. I have those Lysol wipes and my kids can earn extra money if they take one of those to all the doorknobs and light switches in the house. So it gets done every few weeks. I guess I'd never thought about it, but we still DO get sick, but somehow it makes me feel better knowing the light switches are germ-free. ha
Amy said…
I get the same way! Cleaning everything in sight when we get sick (or if everyone else is sick except for me--hoping I won't get it). Can't wait for spring!
Andee said…
Yeah no fun, but it's for sure NOT an uncommon thing this time of year! Nice job on the cleaning firestorm!! Hope it lasts!!
Anonymous said…
Your 2 1/2 hour nap was the best part!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan