4th of July Fun

We started this fourth of July just like last year - chearing Brian on in the Bluegrass 10,000 - a fun 10K fun they do each year.  Here he is crossing the finish line.
 Here he is after the race in all his sweaty glory!  Way to go Bri!
 Then we geared up for the over-the-top neighborhood parade.  Try as we might, we have never won the bike decorating contest, but we still had fun.

 I guess it pays to have the police chief live in your neighborhood! 
 I will admit though, that since we live half way up the parade route, and it was over 100 degrees, we decided to catch the parade from our front door.  Best decision ever!  We tried to stay cool the rest of the day and enjoyed a nice get together with friends that night.
 This July we've also put this little pool to great use!

 And we tried out this colored vinegar in baking soda idea I found on pinterest.  Fizzy fun!


Comments

Anonymous said…
Cool! Your neighborhood party always looks like such fun!

Cara
Seriously, you live in the coolest neighborhood EVER!!!! That is SO FUN!!!
Anonymous said…
What a great neighborhood! Loved the photo of you and Brian all decked out in red, white and blue! Congratulations to Brian on his 10K run!
Anonymous said…
It's hard to believe that your
kids didn't win first prize with those awesome costumes!
Amy said…
REALLY--HOW could your kids not win--look at them! That is so awesome you guys totally get into it! The baking soda thing looks fun. That might be something fun Dillon and I could do while he's less mobile!
Andee said…
I cannot believe with how those bikes looked that you've never WON! Next year you HAVE to take pictures of the winners! But looks like a super fun day!

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive