December In Photos
We had a fabulous Christmas! Here is what we've been up to:
I made a new tree skirt on a whim.
We went to Southern Lights, pet the animals and rode their cute tiny train.
We went to Haley's first orchestra concert. Yes, they are playing violins like guitars. Their orchestra teacher seems like a bright man, so I'm sure this will all make sense some day :) Haley is on the back row with her gal pal Sammi Jo.
I know this is a random shot - but after the orchestra concert, people (mostly men) started helping to put the chairs up and Grant hopped right to it. He was literally the only child helping. If you look at the front you can see his blue and green coat and the two chairs he's dragging. Hahaha! I love that boy. I guess we've been to enough church activities for him to get the drill of helping out with chairs.
Haley mastered picking up Dusty and carrying him around. It's only taken her 9 years to master. I know Dusty is huge, but watching Haley carry him makes him seem even bigger. It cracks me up. I also finally got around to taking Dusty in for what I call his 3 year checkup, so rest assured, his rabies vaccines are up to date, and believe it or not, he has slimmed down to a lowly 14 pounds, which is small for his breed.
The highlight of the month was that Mimi, Papa and Jenny came to visit!! It was wonderful in every way. We really loved having them. We had a Christmas Eve feast.
And read the Christmas story by candle light.
Christmas morning before opening presents...
...and after.
We took a hike to the stream.
Grant showed off his dam he's been building with Brian.
They could seriously spend hours here and sometimes do!
Grant is all snugglie under our new heated blanket. I looooooove it! I can never seem to get warm enough without it.
I got a good deal on bowling, so we took everyone and come to find out, Papa and Mimi are quite good bowlers! I see a league in their futures. Nevermind the fact we had bumpers up. Papa was the bowling champ, getting a turkey (3 strikes in a row).
We set up Papa's Lionel train set he was given as a child from his grandparents. It was awesome!!
We played in the snow.
And we danced to the new addition to our home, the Wii.
The kids loved having what we call sibling sleepovers. This pic makes me smile - only my kids would use a disco lamp as a nightlight.
It was a whirlwind of fun! Now onto 2013!
Comments