I've been thinking about my sweet Haley a lot lately. I didn't expect to feel sentimental as she finishes up elementary school, but come to find out, I kinda am! I am so proud of the person that she is becoming. I see a beautiful, intelligent, kind-hearted, hard working, dedicated young woman who is slowly but surely coming into her own. I'm sure middle school and high school will have even more transformations, but this year I feel like many things in her life have clicked, and she is more confident and happy than ever, which makes me super happy for her.
 |
She got the coveted "All Distinguished" medal for being
distinguished in all 4 areas for state testing |
Being Haley's parent is like having a zillion piece puzzle that you whittle away at bit by bit. She is complex and at times complicated and it has challenged me to find answers and solutions. At times it has felt like the work of parenting 4 children in one, but at other times she has awed me with her deep wisdom, maturity, and intellect. I have always felt so blessed to be her mom, even when it's been very, very hard. I've pushed her, and she has pushed me, and together we have figured out ways to make my sensitive child feel valued, secure and capable of becoming all I know she is destined to be. I am genuinely excited to watch her life play out and I am so grateful for the keen mind she has been blessed with. I feel like this year we finally finished the edge pieces of her puzzle and now it's time to watch the beautiful picture unfold! So here's to a great 5th grade year and hope for a less-awkward-than-average middle school beginning :)
 |
| Celebrating Haley's 98% on her OLSAT and MAP testing scores at Malibu Jack's. Go Haley! |
Comments
On a tangent, we miss VPE and Lexington soooo much!