Happy Birthday To Me!

I know this may come as a surprise to some, but I have a drape addiction :) OK...addiction is probably a little too strong of a word- but I really LOVE nice drapes. That said, you can understand my extreame saddness when in final negotiations on the closing of our Delaware house the buyers pulled out the forbidden straw and asked to keep all of my drapes and hardware. I know it was so petty, but I worked really hard to either make or save up to buy them and they matched everything so nicely. Boo Hoo. Farewell drapes.
So, I warned Brian that eventually at some point I would not be able to refrain from buying or making a whole house worth of drapes in the new house and to just roll with it. For the past 6 months he's been great about it and I've finished most of the house - except our bedroom. So for my birthday with the help of a nice gift card from my MIL I bought my drapes for our 2 bedroom windows. Horray!!! I adore them. ...now for the bedspread...
OK, enough about drapes...I had a great 34th birthday! I must be creeping into the 30's because I feel a little uneasy when Grant announces to strangers that I'm 34 now. I'll forever be 28-30 in my brain I guess. I had a great day at the park with friends and fun with the family that night. I'm thinking 34 is going to be a great year!!!

Comments

Happy Birthday, Ang! I know what you mean about the age thing. I was okay with it until I was about 34. I'm 38 now and a little embarrassed about it. The FUNNY thing, though, is that I can never remember that I'm 38. The other day I said something to Kevin about being 37, and he didn't say anything! Then I realized, "Wait, am I 38?" He just laughed. "Yes, you're 38." Anyway, I love the drapes, and the color of the walls, too!!
Amy said…
I love the drapes!! I didn't know you had to give up your drapes in Delaware. Man, Delaware really burned you guys right to the bitter end. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Expensive

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Easter Visit