Welcome Mimi and Papa

Our first week of summer has come and gone! We were lucky enough to have Brian's parents in town and we've done a ton of fun stuff. I should first apologize about the amount of photos! I'm still new enough to this blog stuff that I haven't figured out how to do cool photo colages yet. So, in the meantime...keep scrolling, baby!
We spent a morning at the Explorium showing off our amazing bubble making skills.
This is my personal favorite bubble - so glad Mimi caught it on camera!
We got to meet the real studs in town...literally...at Darley horse farm. In the back is 2002 Derby winner Street Sense. It is SUCH a pretty farm with loads of famous race horses.
Here's Holy Bull takin' a walk into his stable. This was Haley's favorite horse of the day.
Somebody reached his limit of looking at horses! Love this photo -a classic Grant.
We enjoyed jamming out to Shades of Grass at the weekly free bluegrass concert.
We had my sister and her family stay over on their way to their beach vacation. Sadly enough, this is one of the only photos I took! I love how the counsins just play without missing a beat even though they only see each other a few times a year. It was great to see everyone for a night.
And of coarse, we checked out Keenland while the horses were exercising. Love that place!
And we spent a day down in Berea, a cute artsy town not far from here.
It was a fun week, full of lots of shopping, days at the pool, free babysitting (thank you! thank you!), and exploring horse country. How did I get so lucky to live in such a beautiful place? We will miss Mimi and Papa when they go on Monday.

Comments

Ashlee said…
What a great week! Never apologize for too many pictures! Isn't it great having another photographer around so you can be in some pictures too? By the way you look fabulous in all of them! Enjoy the next 2 days.
Anonymous said…
Super fun week. Now, can they leave already...we've got running to do! J/K they are lovely people. I'm glad I got to meet them.
Anonymous said…
What a wonderful fabulous week! Loved all the pictures!
Amber said…
Nice bubble pictures! I can never time those quite right. What a wonderful week! I'm glad you guys had fun!
(Hey, I never do photo collages, either. Scrolling is the name of the game on my blog!) In my book, lots of pictures is a GOOD sign. It just looked like you had SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!! I loved the bubble photo, but I think my favorite was Grant laying on the sidewalk. That could be any one of my kids!
angela said…
Looks like you guys were busy! I want to take my parents to the horse farm the next time they come. It sounds like a lot of fun. I second Ashlee's comment... you look great!! I love your hair!
Pam Williams said…
Great photo diary of your adventure! I think what I'd love about Kentucky is the bluegrass, and the grass.
Amy said…
Great photos of Bill and Beverly's visit. I'm glad we got to see them too! My favorite photo is definitely Grant on the sidewalk. I laughed out loud. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan