Final Phase - Everything Else!

I know these blog posts are super long and I'm the only one who really cares - but I promise this is the last one!

Even though we stayed in Ghent for 5 nights, we took lots of day trips all over Belgium on the trains.  My parents and I checked out Antwerp.  Below is their super nice train station.  It's right up there with Grand Central in my book. 
  It was a big bustling city with lots of cool old buildings and shopping galore!  Their diamond museum was closed for renovations, but we had fun anyway. 
 We toured Ruben's house, studio, and garden (a famous artist).
 "Wuz Up?"

 Another afternoon Brian, my mom and I went to check out Brussels.  My poor dad stayed back with a cold.
 This building had about a zillion statues on it. 
 Not sure what's going on here - but I think they were kicking off the beer festival going on there.
 We ate Fritas with curry ketchup,
 and saw more churches (like my pegged pants? - it got crazy hot and I figured if numerous guys were wearing red skinny jeans my pegged pants wouldn't cause any fashion uproars!)


 On our last day we went to the old medieval city of Brugges.   It was like Ghent only bigger and busier. 
 The Belfry.




Here's the Atlantic Ocean on our way home.  Nevermind the 700 hour delayed flight in Philly.  It was a great trip.  Vacations are awesome, but by day 8 we were both ready to be home and see the kiddos.  Now, the whole thing just seems like a dream!

Comments

Anonymous said…
We saw so much! I feel like we did the Grand Tour of Belgium. A very nice country. We hadn't seen it before. I thought it was an excellent place to start your future trips to Europe!
You're not the only one who cares--these posts are awesome. (You know how I am about long posts anyway! They're the only kind I know how to do!) :) This is SO FUN to read & see all the AMAZING pictures. I had never given Belgium much thought, but now I'm thinking what a cool place that would be to go! What an AMAZING trip!!! Love it.
Anonymous said…
It's all so ornate and pretty! I like your plum sweater! I'm glad you guys got to get away.

Cara
Pam Williams said…
So fun to share this trip with you through so many great photos. Don't apologize--it's great.
Andee said…
I for one LOVED seeing your trip! I am so jealous! And I am so glad you all had such an amazing time!
Amy said…
Can you tell I'm trying to get caught up on your blog?? I love the "Wuz up?". Were there any bats in the belfry? So many beautiful pictures! It all looks so amazing.

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive