Utah!

This week I flew out to Utah to see Steph, my best friend from the U, get re-married.  I was so lucky to be able to go (thanks mom and dad for being me for a week!) and so happy to meet Kirk and hang with my favorite gal and her family. 

Flying into Utah never gets old for me.  I love it!  It is beautiful to look at the valley and mountains from the sky and to remember all of good times I had here with extended family and in my college years with friends.  You also can't help but think of those brave pioneers too that actually walked the whole way I just flew.  I may be an east coast girl at heart, but ahhh - Utah.  I love you!


Here is Steph and me now:
 ...and here we are 17 years ago in our freshman dorm room!
Looking back I'm sure we were hated for our very loud and crazy ways - but I am absolutely positive we had more fun than any of them - so there! 

Here are me, Steph and Nikki (another dorm friend) now:

 ...and then.  Hubba hubba.
 Here are the newlyweds!
 Steph on her wedding day with her cute kids.
 Here is my west coast family - Steph's mom, grandma and sister.  These women are always so much fun and have welcomed me with open arms from the very beginning.  Anybody that lets 17 college kids crash at their Newport Beach home over spring break is a saint in my book.  Plus, Steph's grandma is one rockin 90 year old.  I mean seriously - don't you want to look like that when you're 90?


It was a great wedding and a great trip.  Nothing beats seeing my friend in a happy, healthy relationship and starting her new blended family.  Life may go on, but somewhere down in there a big part of who I am is still that crazy girl from West Virginia hanging out with that fun, laid back, California girl.  A pair made in heaven!

Comments

Anonymous said…
A very happy occasion! So glad you could be there! And yes, I do want to look that good when I'm 90!
What a great post. It brought back my own memories of college. I love all the pictures you posted!! What an awesome occasion. And I agree with you completely--I LOVE flying in to Utah for all the reasons you mentioned.
Amy said…
I loved all of the "then and now" pictures! So cute. Glad you had such a good time.
Anonymous said…
Thanks for posting the pictures. I wondered how it all went. Congrats Steph! I like the old and new pictures too.

Cara
Andee said…
The old and new pictures were so fun! Sounds like a fabulous time!

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive