Thanksgiving 2012

Thanksgiving is the one time of year that I can usually count on seeing all of my sisters and their families at once.  It gets a little nutty with 10 grand kids running around in a confined space, but I love seeing the cousins bonding, and chatting away with my sisters! 

The night before Thanksgiving Brian and I went out with my high school best friend Kim and her hubby at Mountain State Brewery - home of the best pizza and homemade root beer on the planet.  I am sooo bummed I didn't get a pic!  I haven't actually seen her for over 12 years!  It was great to hang out like old times and meet her new hubster. 

Thanksgiving morning Brian and I headed out for our Noehren Turkey Trot.  We seem to be the only two in the family that thinks this is cool.  Maybe someday we can sucker someone else into joining us.  Brian ran the whole Decker's Creek trail - all 13.5 miles of it.  I jumped in for the last 7 miles.  It was perfect weather and such a good time I was kicking myself for not running 10!  I love the rare treat of running with Brian.  Only a few more years until we can run together more often, once Haley is a little older.

Here we are eating our well deserved feast!  This is the grown up table (minus my sister Jan and her family that were feasting with her husband's family across town).
Here is the younger grand kid table in the pantry:

  And the older grand kid table in the breakfast nook. 
I love this pic of my mom and Haley.  So cute.
 Hurricane Sandy blew over a big tree limb in the front yard that the kids loved playing on.  
 Lots of games were played.

Uncle Brian and his flashlight tag players.
 My sisters and I

 The cousins!
 
How many kids can gather around one ipad?  
It was such a great visit.  We all saw a movie together, I scored some black friday boots, my mom became high tech with her new ipad mini, and no major complications arouse, like most of my trips home over the last few years (like when our car engine exploded on the side of the highway, Brian's emergency apendectomy, Haley's accidental medication overdose, or my dad's heart attack, to name a few)  Success!! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
I thought we had an awesome Thanksgiving--one of the best ever. I loved it!
I love-love-love seeing these pictures!!! What an awesome get together! You all look so great! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive