Suburban Garden

We might not have acres of land, but over the years we have had fun experimenting with gardening in our back yard.  This year we are trying something new - wire cylinders for the cukes, tomatoes, and Brian's gourd and pumpkin collection.  We also made some wooden frames that we will weave with twine for the peas and bean to trellis up. The grapes and rhubarb both came back strong this year too.  We bought the hay to help cover the big grass spot we are growing, but come to find out - 1 bale of hay is a LOT - so we spread it all over the place for ground cover.  Not sure if that is a good or bad idea yet.


Here are the raspberries and zucchinis.

Fingers crossed that apple tree might produce its first fruits this year.

The strawberry patch.

Tomato cages
 
Lettuce, peppers and the apricot tree that isn't showing signs of any fruit.

 
The herb garden - cilantro, basil, mint and rosemary.


The peach tree we planted last fall already has tons of cute little peaches all over it.  We are super hopeful!


The last thing we are growing are Haley and Grant!  They are getting huge.  Time really does fly.  I can't believe this school year only has 3 more weeks.

 
Everything always looks so neat and tidy in the spring and then it gets hot and buggy and weeds are everywhere.  Hopefully we can keep up with it all and have a yummy harvest.

Comments

Unknown said…
NICE JOB!! I am impressed with how much you were able to FIT! Way to go!
Anonymous said…
Incredible Ang! I am so super impressed!

-Michelle
Can't decide if I am more impressed or jealous. I think impressed. No, jealous. :) Definitely jealous. It looks awesome!!! And I so wish that were my yard. Nice work.
Bev aka Mimi said…
Brian has always loved to dig in the dirt. Looks great.
Unknown said…
I love to see what you guys grow! Great job!

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive