Farewell to West Virginia
Over Memorial Day weekend we took a quick family trip to say goodbye to Morgantown before my parents move next month. The weather was perfect and we had the best day ever - Coopers Rock in the morning, Cheat Lake in the afternoon and going to our favorite pizza place at night.
On Sunday we were able to go to the ward I grew up in and see a bunch of familiar faces, and Brian actually attended the high priest group for the first time ever since he is always with the Aaronic priesthood since becoming bishop. Good old Bob Stone took him under his wing since my parents were visiting another ward that day.
It was so nice to just reminisce about my growing up years and to roam around my parents house and yard one last time. Even though it is the end of an era, I am excited for my parent's new chapter. Their cute house just doesn't fit their needs anymore and they are having so much fun building their new house and buying furniture like crazy. It's been fun to watch them!
Grant looooves caterpillars and this is just one of many, many friends he made. At one point he had close to 10 of them crawling all over his hands. He almost cried when I explained they couldn't come home with us.
I think I will miss Cheat Lake the most. I love that lake. I am still saving my pennies for some Kentucky lake land someday because of my love of this lake! A girl has got to dream (and I suppose work - someday I'll have to get serious and make some moo-laa)
Goodbye Wild, Wonderful, West Virginia! You will always be special in my heart, even if your roads make me angry because of all the potholes (don't get me started...) It was a great place to grow up!
Comments