Applesauce
Last weekend was beautiful and we went to Evans Orchard to play and buy our 3 bushels of apples. This weekend was cold and rainy so we recruited my parents and within record time we had everything cooked, canned and cleaned up!
Our apple peeling, slicing, coring production line.
My mom filled all 24 jars and all I had to do was steam them! So amazing to have extra hands!
Our babies.
The real star of the show managed to not get his picture taken. Brian is the brains and the energy behind this production for the past 14 years...and he is the master applesauce maker. I am merely a lowly peeler and canner of his fine product. For the first year ever we have all of our big jars full of our homemade pickles, tomatoes and applesauce...plus a few small jars of salsa. I guess I'm more domestic than I thought!
Comments