Siblings can have their moments, but I was super touched to see Haley take the time to write down so many loving things about her brother for 2 weeks and surprise him with a heart attack.
I know I seem to blog a lot about Brian's work stuff - but I just get so excited and want to share. Plus, I figure it is our family blog, and Brian's not one to mention this stuff on his own so here goes another post that you can skip if you could care less! At any rate - today Brian got his first grant!!! Oh happy day. He has been included on other people's grants and gotten some as a grad student - but this is his first official grant that he is the primary investigator on. The glorious sponsor's of the grant are his professional foundation - the American Physical Therapy Association. I love them. I really do. They gave us 3 grants during grad school that saved us $30K in student loans. They are one of the few organizations that when in a position to do so, I will donate lots of money to. And now this. Man, they are cool. So, as a rookie researcher they typically give you 2 years to set up your lab and ge...
Brian took this picture of a bridge competition that was going on at the conference center. That is a lot of bridge players! While Brian was conferencing, we ventured out in our car to the Science Center across town. It was awesome! We loved the interactive displays and things to do. It was way, way fun. This frog is the cutest, saddest, frog I've ever seen. He was so adorable. Haley loves turtles! We tried some Pizza Pizza for lunch in the cafeteria. Not bad! This wooden slide was awesome in their little forest. Grant went flying down it like a rocket. Once he didn't get his footing right to stop and he kept on flying. It was sooo funny. He had a little bum rash from the slide, but was okay. What a good sister...picking out the mulch from Grant's shorts after he went flying off the slide. hahaha. After finding so many good deals at the outdoorsy place the night before, I decided we ne...
This black friday I had my hopes set on this: But what I got instead was this: Cool, right? Well - yes, and no. I do really, really love our new Toyota Rav4, but was geared up to spend around $800 this week, not so much the more than $800 a new car costs. I should also mention that I have been saving for the past 3 months for my big tv purchase and had finally saved $750 this week when our money pit Buick Rendezvous finally decided enough was enough and decided it only wanted to drive to Clarksburg West Virginia, not Morgantown...another hour down the road. So needless to say there will be no big fancy tv in my house this Christmas season, (boo hoo hoo) but hey - I can live without a tv, but I can't live without a car. As sad as I am at the loss of my near tv purchase (and all of my financial savings!) I am grateful this Thanksgiving week for many things. Here are just a few things I've learned this week: 1. Never buy a Buick....NEVER!...
Comments