Booooo Bloodwork Results

I like a friendly competition...especially if I think I can win. So, when both Brian and I went in for bloodwork last week I thought I would win this one hands down. He hasn't been able to run for months with his bum foot, eats the same if not worse than me, works like a dog, never sleeps and has gained weight. Me, on the other hand, has worked out pretty steadily, could have eaten better (but who can't say that, right?) but I do try to get enough sleep and keep things in check. Well, come to find out, his cholesterol is beyond amazing, his thyroid is perfect and he gets a clean bill of health for the next 12 months. Meanwhile my thyroid has gone up...again...my cholesterol is where it usually is (which is WAY higher than Brian's) and I now have what I have LITERALLY been running from for years....pre-diabetes. It is totally fixable and I don't need any meds or anything, but come on!!!! Stinky genetics. Love my family...NOT loving the genes. I guess it's time to get serious and finally lose that 15 pounds and eat well...all the time...for the rest of my life. Boo. I will say I'm not terribly suprised. I knew something was "off" and that's why I got bloodwork done in the first place. But I am a little bummed out about it. Needless to say, I totally lost this competition.

Comments

Megan said…
Oh, I'm so sorry! Sometimes it really sucks to be a Williams. I mean we do have the good looks, and the sharp wit, but then there's the thyroid, and the diabetes, and the heart trouble, and the ancestry from Tooele....
Amy said…
Oh, man, this is what I've been scared of for years but haven't gotten it (yet). I'm really sorry! Now you can give me advice when I get pre-diabetic. Curse that high cholesterol--I've got that too, and I run all the time and am so thin (oh wait, that's you). :)
Angela said…
LOL Megan! I'm totally blaming all of it on Tooele. Even my mom's side goes back to Tooele. There's no escaping it :)
Anonymous said…
I am so sorry, Angela! What crummy news.
Ashlee said…
What! I'm so mad I'm not running tonight to get the details! tomorrow at the park, I'll get the whole story:)
Anonymous said…
I have stinky genes too. Bummer. Looking forward to park day tomorrow to get the whole scoop with Ashlee.
Maybe I should have some blood work done. HMMM?
Beverly said…
Sorry about your test results. I'm not sure Brian's gene history is that great, the Hariton men have a history of heart disease, but maybe the Noehren genes are better.
No matter what your genes are you are one amazing women.

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan