Hiking the Bluegrass

Lately we've been taking the kids out on a lot of hikes. It's the perfect time of year - not too muggy and no bugs! This weekend we did a mile loop at Ravens Run and there were beautiful wild flowers all over. Haley loved it so much we went on another hike the next day in the wooded park by our house. We were impressed that 1) we didn't have to carry anyone and 2) there was no grumbling about "how LONG is this hike?"...not that we've heard that before (yeah, right)! Brian also got some serious hiking in last week on a 20 mile, 3 night backpacking adventure in the Cranberry Wilderness mountains of West Virginia with our good friend Dallas. I have to admit that it was odd having Brian totally off the grid for 3 days. By day 2 I was thinking "he could be dead and I'd never know!' I finally convinced myself that I had seen one too many episodes of I Shouldn't Be Alive on Animal Planet, but was releaved none-the-less when he called once he was back in cell phone range on day 3!

Comments

Amy said…
Nice pictures! And I had to laugh when you mentioned "I Shouldn't Be Alive" :)
Those are great pictures!! Looks like a lot of fun. My husband has been in scouts (for one reason or another) for roughly the past 5 years, and I think the SAME THING! He could be dead right now and I wouldn't even know it. It's so great when they come home. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan