Christmas in New York

Most years we've been married we've headed up to Connecticut for Christmas and this year was no different.  I'm blessed with a MIL from Brooklyn and a FIL from Queens so we've headed into New York City for a day of fun many times.  This year though, instead of taking the train from CT, we decided to literally drive straight into downtown Manhattan on our way from WV to CT.  It was AWESOME!!  I feel like I should have a badge saying I drove through times square in my own car!!  What a thrill!!

We saw the Rockefeller Tree
 We went to the American Girl store.  Haley saved her allowance and bought her Chrissa doll a pair of cute shoes with her own money.  Nevermind the fact they cost as much as shoes for Haley might cost :)  They're a souvenier, right? 

 We watched the ice skaters below the tree.

 And went to the Lego store...which wasn't as cool as we were hoping, and where Grant has a nice big meltdown.
 We saw the sites...
 and discovered a little tucked away Times Square info center with a literal gem inside...a real new year's countdown crystal ball!!  Plus, they had clean bathrooms in there...a real find!
 We rode the 4 story indoor ferris wheel in Toys R Us.


 And went to the best view of Times Square...the Marriot Marquis Hotel!  They have the BEST lookout window aroundon the 8th floor, and it's free.  Plus their elevators are cool too. 
Someday we'll actually stay there :)


It was a fun time and I'm glad we did it, even if we only stayed for a few hours! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
you've been a busy blogger. ny looks amazing! someday i'm going...
angela said…
Glad you're back! Looks like you had a great time. In a few years Jon and I will need you to go to NYC with US to show us the ropes... :-)
Wow, you totally SHOULD have a badge for driving your own car through Times Square. Seriously, that is impressive. We went to NYC in Sept. for the first time ever, and we didn't do any of the things you did! (We were only there for 1 day--there's just too much to do there.) What a COOL time!!
Amy said…
I've never even been there, and you DROVE through there--whoo hoo!!! Awesome. When Sophia saw the picture of the huge Toys 'R' Us and the 4 story ferris wheel, she grabbed me by the shoulders and said, "You have to take me there!"

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan