Happy 35th!


Woo Hoo!  I'm married to an older man!  ...for 3 weeks until I join the ranks of the 35 year olds.  We had a laid back day celebrating with chocolate, chocolate and more chocolate - one of Brian's favorite things.  My new favorite thing are the teeny tiny chocolate chips that Tollhouse makes now.  They really dress up a cake with zero effort!  We made him a special card that listed 35 things we love about him and I was pleased to find it was very easy for find 35 things!  He's a great guy!  My new goal is to be able to make him the same card for his 65th birthday.  :)

For some reason turning 35 has made Brian and I feel like we're getting older.  Neither of us mind aging - but it's made us realize how much we haven't done yet.  So hopefullly this year we'll have a little more fun and a little less work!  Let the adventures begin!

On a slightly different note - but still relating to Brian - I wanted to mention that Brian's NIH mentorship grant he's been working on for a year (including working every Saturday for the last 3-4 months) was officially submitted last week!  Submitting it alone seems like cause for a celebration!  As with all grants, the chances of getting funding are a whole other story...but he and his colaborators did a great job.  They are hoping to research the potential differences in the muscles from 2 types of ACL graft tissue and how they might better rehabilitate these patients, and help them avoid further complications like osteo arthritis.  (OK - that last sentence seriously took me like 5 mintues to write, and it might not even be correct...but that's what I think they are doing!)  Anyway - he's got a few other good grants in the hopper too that he's waiting to hear on so let's hope and pray that some or all of them will get funded! 

Comments

Happy birthday, Brian!! Cute cake, too! I like your idea of 35 reasons you love him. My husband and I will both be *40* this year (but not for MANY months! ha) and I was thinking of doing the same thing. Congrats on the grant-submission. Woo-hoo! Great to have out of the way. I thoroughly enjoyed your description of what you *think* Brian's doing. My descriptions of my husband's job are just like that. :)
Pam Williams said…
Yes, on 11-11-11 think of Jen turning 40. Does that count as a definition of "apocalyptic" - I'm just sayin'
Amy said…
Ooo--I love those mini chocolate chips. I put them in banana muffins and pumpkins muffins.Nice picture of Brian!

Sorry Brian's card was so late...

I hope all those grants come through!!
Mom said…
I hope that all the grants come your way. May you have many happy birthdays ahead and happy days

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan