Derby Weekend

This weekend was beautiful and full of fun!  Friday night the boys headed out for the yearly father/sons church campout, while us girls went to see Rio (very cute!) and had ice cream. 

 Snuggly Grant
 They woke up to a chilly morning. 
 Grant is getting better at taking pictures - this one of Brian isn't blurry at all! 
That night we went to a friend's derby party.  Grant helped me pick out my over-the-top hat.  It is part Arethra Franklin, part Mad Hatter.  Grant loved my "fancy" hat.  I was hoping for a big, big hot pink poofy thing, but this one did the job.  To push the look over the edge, I also bought the necklace/earings with the biggest, shiniest rhinestones I could find. 
 The ladies.
 Annie's homemade Derby hat was by far the cutest thing ever. 
 3 boys, 1 ipod touch.  So cute!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cute pictures-I love your hat. What a fun party. Grant sure is bundled up for camping-it must still be pretty cold there.

Cara
How fun!! All of it looks great! :) I love the derby hats and party! I think I need to move down there. :) I also love seeing pictures of you & Nancy in the same picture. Just tickles me. :) Love your hat!
Andee said…
I remember the Derby parties!! So fun, but I never did get a hat :( wish I would have though!! And you can't go wrong with the campout and the movie night- great memories!
Anonymous said…
What a fun weekend! I totally love all the hats!!
Ashlee said…
I look like I'm going to eat Annie!

It was a great night!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan