GOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!


After a year and a half of soccer practices and games - Haley made her first goal EVER in a game today!!!   We were soooo proud of her! 

She's been what I'll describe as a timid defense player for a long time, but somewhere over the last month it all seemed to click and she came out of her soccer shell.  Today the coach put her in as offense at the beginning of the game and she did great, but it wasn't until the end of the game that her moment of glory came.  She had 4 goal attempts, but the goalie caught them...and then boom - one finally made it through!!  We celebrated by buying hot fudge McDonald's sundaes.


On a totally unrelated note - do you see that shiner on her arm/elbow?  I first noticed it last Sunday night and it was even uglier then.  She said she bumped her arm climbing our tree.  Hmmmm - that must have been some bump!  I was skeptical and was concerned about the large dime size hard spot in the middle, especially since her last mystery bump required 2 surgeries and 6 months of nasty antibiotics that turned her pee orange.  So I watched it all week and finally took her to the doctor on Thursday for some peace of mind. 

After 4 doctors (I think everyone in the practice came for a look-see) an ultrasound, and a radiologist's explanation, we found that the mystery bump was just a hematoma (a scar of blood clots) and would take care of itself.  Luckily, it doesn't seem to bother her and the doctor's assured me that it was just scar tissue and no clots would be unleashed and give my daughter a stroke or heart attack.  You never know with my sweet Haley - she's only 7 and has had 3 surgeries, a broken leg and the "bad" pneumonia.  She keeps us on our toes and keeps us grateful for good insurance!

Comments

Mimi/Bev/Mom said…
I'm very happy to hear about her GOAL. Great Job. I can understand the concern about the latest bump, nrever a dull moment. Keep her well. Can't wait to see her Love you all
Anonymous said…
Way to go Haley!!! That's awesome!! That's quite an amazing bruise too. Hope it heals soon.
Andee said…
Yay! and Ouch!!
Amy said…
She looks so cute in her soccer outfit! Tell her we're proud of her goal. Yeah--I think I'd take her to the doctor, too, with her history! Glad it's nothing.
Tell her congrats on the GOAL!!! That is SO exciting!! I've been exactly where you are... and it's even sweeter when you've waited that long for it. And, yeah, that elbow looks BAD! Glad it's okay!
angela said…
Congrats on the goal! What a nasty bruise. Glad it's nothing serious.

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan