Why I Don't Wear Pantyhose

Over the years I've learned that I seem to be prone to some wacky embarassing moments.  I've also learned to just roll with it and get a good laugh.  So, yesterday I'm at church teaching the adult women's group and realize that my nylons are creeping down.  Then I realize I can't even form sentences because they are creeping WAY down and it's probably only a matter of minutes before they are down to my knees and visible below my skirt.  I tried my best to move forward but then realized there is NO way I could stand in front of a group and teach a lesson with this going on!  After weighing my options I told them my pantyhose were falling down, ran out of the room to an empty room across the hall - ripped the things off and returned to teach my lesson!  How embarassing - but mostly how funny is that??  I'm sure I had everyone's attention!  Have you had any embarassing moments happen lately?

Comments

Amy said…
LOVE it!! I'm sure this made your lesson even more memorable. :)

Recently I sent an email at work and typed "wildbod" instead of "wildblod" for his address.
angela said…
I thought it was awesome and I'm so glad I got to see it first hand! That's happened to me before - there's not stopping them! At least it was at the beginning of the lesson right? You're awesome.
Well, I have had a similar thing happen to me (and bra straps falling down, too), but I've never had to leave the room. I honestly just counted my blessings that I was teaching RS instead of Gospel Doctrine! :) RS ladies understand perfectly. Group in GD? Not s'much!
Anonymous said…
That is so funny! Every woman can relate to that! The same thing happened to me on my mission in Germany. We had just got off the subway and were walking across the street to Aldi to do some grocery shopping when the elastic on my pantyhose gave way. I clutched my pantyhose (around my waist and under my coat) and asked the Aldi people if they had a restroom, which they didn't. So in desperation I ran into their back storeroom and hid between tall crates of boxes and hiked up my skirt and pinned my pantyhose with a large safety pin that I always carry in my purse for emergencies. I was totally panicked and my husband laughes to this day about how I was totally freaked out. I could just see myself trying to get back on the subway with my pantyhose around my ankles!
Anonymous said…
Pantyhose are evil.

Cara

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive