Virginia
Last weekend we drove over to our old stomping grounds, Lexington, Virginia to celebrate something special! Our awesome friends, the Clarks, adopted a beautiful baby girl nearly a year ago and the final legal adoption process was just completed! It was a special weekend and we were able to be there for Gabby's blessing in church that Sunday. Of coarse I was too excited to take any pictures, so I had to steal this one off of facebook. They are such a beautiful family.
We also visited the craziest place on earth - the Virginia Safarri Park. You can drive through and feed all sorts of animals from your car. It is nuts! Our car was covered in animal slobber and we laughed our heads off as we tried to get buffalo, zebra, emus, camel's heads out of our car. There is nothing quite like looking eye to eye with these huge animals. I swear this place shouldn't be legal, but man - I love it. Best zoo EVER!
We ate at our favorite sub shop Salerno's - the place I ordered an eggplant paremesean sandwhich (which I hate) at 39 weeks pregnant with Haley because somebody told me it would enduce labor. Ah - memories. BTW - it didn't work.
And instead of staying in a hotel we decided to check out the local KOA and stayed in one of these cozy cabins. The kids were in heaven and it was nicer than Bri or I expected.
It was a quick, but wonderful weekend. It is fun when you find friends in life that become family. It is always a good weekend when the Clarks are involved!
Comments
I like that cabin. You'll have to let me know how the cost compares to a hotel.
Cara