August 28th

13 years ago on August 28th Brian took me on a first date picnic to Ensign Point in Salt Lake City, so each year on August 28th we celebrate the beginning of our life together by picnicing it up!  Here we are yesterday at the UK Arboretum, photo courtesty of Haley.
 
Here is a list for my posterity (or in case I lose the hard copy) of our date locations:
1999 - Ensign Peak, Salt Lake City, Utah
2000 - A park in Manchester, Connecticut
2001 - Goshen Pass, Virginia
2002 - Glen Maury Park, Virginia
2003 - The sunporch of our Virginia house (since Haley was born 2 weeks before)
2004 - Glen Maury Park Pavilion, Virginia
2005 - Rittenhouse Park, Newark, Delaware
2006 - White Clay Creek State Park, Newark, Delaware
2007 - Park on the Trail, Newark, Delaware
2008 - Lunch Picnic on the Trail, Newark, Delaware
2009 - Veterans Park, Lexington, Kentucky
2010 - Bellawoods Park, Lexington, Kentucky
2011 - London, England Pub
2012 - UK Arboretum, Lexington, Kentucky

Comments

Christina said…
Hey Angela! I'm finally taking the time to check out friends' blogs. Yeah! That means we're finally in our new home in China.

I LOVE this picnicking idea. How great is it that you have kept track over the years. It's like a lovely catalog of all the places you've lived together, although the pub in London sounds like the most fun :).

Enjoy your "lonely" days at home.
Anonymous said…
That is so cool that you've kept track of all your picnic dates! Yes-gotta love the cloud!

Cara
That is the sweetest thing ever. And I love the picture. Kevin and I have a few dates like that that we celebrate, but never the same way and I haven't kept track. That is awesome.
Anonymous said…
Haley took a good picture! What an awesome couple. What happy memories each year. Love you both.
Andee said…
THAT is a neat tradition! And congrats!!
Amy said…
That is really cool. What a great picture of you guys!!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan