Coopers Rock

Last week we had a great Thanksgiving in my hometown of Morgantown, West Virginia.  I have been particularly homesick lately and was so excited to venture back to my old stomping grounds.  The morning before the rest of my sisters arrived we went to Coopers Rock, a family favorite.  It was a perfect sunny day and the kids were finally old enough to enjoy scrambling around the rocks without us worrying about them dying.
 Here we are at the overlook with Morgantown in the distance.


And here we are getting to the good stuff down below the overlook.  Coopers Rock looks like it rained huge rocks all over the place so there is lots of nooks and crannies to explore.  I could fill a whole blog with cool pictures of this place, but here are my favorites:



 Some nooks and crannies were only kid sized: 
I love this place!  My family growing up may not have been campers, but we sure loved spending the day at Coopers Rock.  I was rock climbing before I even knew rock climbing was cool - or a real hobby/sport - or that it involved ropes - or even shoes.  We couldn't have asked for a better way to start the day.  I think there is many more visits to Coopers Rock in our future! 

Comments

Anonymous said…
Those are great pictures. The weather was perfect too. Glad you thought of going to Cooper's Rock. We just kind of take it for granted. It really is a fun place.
Cool pictures!!! What a neat place! I'm so glad you all got to get together for Thanksgiving, too. That is so great!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive