Cool Video
Last week I interviewed Dr. Petersen's postdocs (the lady in the video talking about satellite cells) for an article I'm working on and it is just amazing research. I am definitely NOT a scientist, but have amazing respect for the work all research scientists do. It is demanding work, but how cool is it to be the first to discover something new - especially when it can directly translate to better health and improved therapies!
Let's hope those crazy politicians get their act together with this whole fiscal cliff business and continue to fund meaningful research like those shown in the video. Without federal grant funding none of their studies would be possible, nor would jobs like Brian's (whose promotion and tenure depend on securing federal grant money to fund his research) be available.
Even though I'd be willing to bet that 95% of the general public have no idea what research scientists do, I'll vouch for them - it is cool stuff! Next time you see Brian throw him a high five and a chest bump for being a rockin scientist :)
Comments