More of Me To Love
Just got out of my latest doctor appointment and verified what my clothes have been telling me - I managed to gain 11 pounds in the last 2 months. Awesome. Hypothyroidism is so dreamy. Swimsuit season here I come! I guess it's time to dig deep and get this mess under control...again. I've been going for bloodwork every 6 weeks since November - trying different things and testing new levels so at least the good news is I don't have to go back (besides today) for more blood test for 6 months. Hopefully by then it'll all be in a better place. I hate needles!
I have learned a lot over the last 7 years of my yo-yo thyroid, but the biggest are patience and acceptance. It takes time to sort things out and I'm not always at what I consider a healthy weight for me. But rather than getting despondent about it, I have learned that this is part of my journey and to keep on trying. We all have struggles and as my dad always said - learning to "stay with the problem, keep it moving, and make it work" is what it is all about. Someday I will cross out of the "keep it moving" phase and into the "make it work" phase! So here is to me and everyone else out there working out their problems - keep it up! Someday I will conquer (or at least learn to manage) the lesson this is trying to teach me.
I have learned a lot over the last 7 years of my yo-yo thyroid, but the biggest are patience and acceptance. It takes time to sort things out and I'm not always at what I consider a healthy weight for me. But rather than getting despondent about it, I have learned that this is part of my journey and to keep on trying. We all have struggles and as my dad always said - learning to "stay with the problem, keep it moving, and make it work" is what it is all about. Someday I will cross out of the "keep it moving" phase and into the "make it work" phase! So here is to me and everyone else out there working out their problems - keep it up! Someday I will conquer (or at least learn to manage) the lesson this is trying to teach me.
Comments
Love-
Michelle