Bottle Caps

The kids have been begging me lately to get out my bottle cap collection and yesterday I finally said yes!  This brings back many happy childhood memories of me doing the same thing - lining them up in rows to see which one I had the most of.  Pepsi wins, with Miller coming in second.
As a kid I grew up a block away from "The Towers" - 4 huge freshman dorms for West Virginia University.  In the late 70's or early 80's when I was about Grant's age, the students would lay out on a grassy hill right by my house and drink lots of things.  I would head over every now and then and collect the latest bottle caps laying all over the grass.  I'd say they are about 50% beer and 50% soda - but I guess the drinking age back then was only 18, so it was all legal :)  At any rate - the students stopped laying out sometime in the 80's.  Maybe it was the invention of air conditioning.  Who knows!  Oddly enough the sun bathing students disappeared about the same time aluminum cans took over bottle caps.  Go figure. 
 

 
 
 


I just knew that my collection came to an end and I've kept them all of these years.  I've thought of making something with them someday, but am not sure what.  One thing is for sure - I am not the type to hang onto too many sentimental things - but I never plan of getting rid of my bottle caps!




I love the small WV on each Pepsi!
Miller - the beer of choice on Towers Hill


These were always my favorite!

Comments

WOW!!! Those are really cool. My boys collect bottle caps, too. I think it's neat you still have them. I wouldn't part with them either--they're iconic.
Anonymous said…
That's an amazing collection. Glad the next generation is enjoying it.

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan