Noehren Lab Halloween Party
This year's lab Halloween party was great! They secretly collaborated on their costumes and dressed up as the "The Things Dr. Noehren Says." It was pretty funny. I assured them that these must be sayings just from the lab - because they are new to me!
Dressed as "What's your Optometer?" I guess in lab meeting as they discuss projects and new research he will ask how optimistic they are about different ideas on the optometer scale.
Dressed as "I'm jazzed!"
Dressed as "traveling companions." They said that when he invites them to things he says to bring "your boyfriend, girlfriend, roommate or traveling companion." Hahaha
Dressed as "When you get a jobby job..." ready to go to an interview. They said he likes to give them advice for when they get their future jobby jobs.
And the grand finale was his student Grant dressed as Dr. Noehren himself. He was pretty spot on!
My lazy Egyptian costumes. I can work wonders with gold duct tape.
Winnie the Pooh, Tigger, and Eyore
This sweet dog is in training as a seeing eye dog. He was super sweet.
Instead of pumpkin carving this year, they opted for games. Here are all 3 teams making the best mummy.
The winners!
Next, they did relays of eating candy with gloves on.
And then a candy corn toss.
The highlight for the kids was playing in all of that mummy toilet paper....oh and staying up waaaay late.
I say it every time - but both Brian and I are so grateful for the great students that work in his lab! They are such smart, fun, kind, hard working individuals, and there is no way he could do his job without their help. It's so rewarding to have them in our home.
Comments