Red Rock Canyon

 A few weeks ago I tagged along on a trip Brian had to Las Vegas while my parents were kind enough to watch our kids for a few days.  It has been a very busy and somewhat stressful couple of months so we were happy to step away for a few days and recharge.  We rented a car from the airport for the day and drove out to Red Rock Canyon.  Brian had done a epic 9 mile run here a few years ago, but this time around we did 3 different shorter hikes.  It was so awesome!  The west is just so beautiful to me.
 

 There were a few petroglyphs too.  




 We saw Vespa tours and these little tiny car tours.  I think you would melt if you did this in the summer.  They made me smile all lined up though. 
 Our last hike was to an old homestead from the 1920's located here.  What a great spot.  Too bad we didn't have time to hike further up into the pretty canyon.


It was a great way to start our trip to Vegas!  I think I am still finding sand in my sneakers.  We ate at In-N-Out - something I hadn't done since my mission about 20 years ago!  This will make west coasters mad - but I think I still like my Culvers burger better!  
 We returned the car, headed to the strip, and did some urban hiking.  

We are old, so by 10 pm (1 am Kentucky time) we decided we were exhausted and called it a super fun filled day. 

Comments

That is SO FUN!!! That really is a beautiful hike. You took some great photos. Love the cactus one.

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive