St. Louis

For spring break this year we took a quick overnight trip to St. Louis to check out the sights.  We rolled out of bed at 5 am and kept sleeping in the car while good ole Brian drove us to St. Louis.  We got there by 9 am local time!  It rained lightly on and off but nothing our umbrellas couldn't handle.  
  Lots of things in St. Louis are free, but we had never heard of the Federal Reserve Museum before.  We were intrigued enough by the sign when we walked by to go check it out and I have to say it was pretty cool!  It's very hands on and high tech and located in the beautiful 1920's era Federal Reserve building.  The museum is only a few months old and we had the place to ourselves.  I loved teaching the kids about economics, the stock market and money!  I'm a business school gal at heart.  Plus, you leave with free bags of shredded money.  Bonus! 
 Next we headed to the free zoo!  Free!  And it wasn't sad and gross.  In fact, it might be one of my favorite zoos I've been to.  The animals seemed happy and well cared for (except the elephants - they still looked sad to me.)  But at any rate - the animals were active and so visible.  It was great!
 We all loved the butterfly room.  It's hard to see them on camera but they were everywhere!  It's hard to not be happy in a sunny room full of butterflies.  
 

 
 We headed up the arch later in the day to avoid the school group crowds.  This is something Grant has talked about doing since we drove through 3 years ago.  We stopped to look at the arch on a trip west but didn't have the time/money to go up and Grant has never let us forget!  
 Well, his long awaited dreams finally came true!


I was nervous about the little cars you ride up in because me and tight spaces don't get along - but I had no problems at all.  The windows on the door made all the difference.  It was cool to look around on the inside on the trip up and down.  


 The view from the top was cool.  Here's the Mississippi side:
 And the downtown side:


After watching the movie on how it was made I am in awe.  Those guys weren't even wearing harnesses and were doing some crazy jobs hundreds of feet in the air!  It's amazing to me that nobody died making the arch (I googled it!) 

We walked over to the Old Spaghetti Factory for dinner.  I love that place.  Especially because that is where Brian and I went for a date after not seeing each other for 3 years in SLC.  We walked in friends and walked out 3 hours later having found our sole mates!  It was the most magical night of my life.  So now our kids have to always eat there and hear their parent's mushy stories.  Haha.  

Comments

You found some cool stuff in St. Louis that I didn't even know existed. That's so fun. We did the Arch last summer on our move from NY to CO and it was AWESOME!! We loved it!!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan