Summer Was A Flash!

I seriously can't believe how fast this summer went.  It was by far the fastest summer yet.  We had many trips, many camps, and it was the first summer with me working 3 days a week from 9:30-3:00.  It actually all came together beautifully, and many happy memories were made.  Here is a collection of all the other random stuff we did this summer.  

Grant went to cub scout twilight camp one week.  He loved it!  He even won the cub car they made in the raffle.  It is pretty fun to ride.  Heaven knows I don't have room in my garage for it, but it's cool.

One day while Haley was at girls camp, Grant went to work with Brian while I worked and we met up at our favorite place Goodfellas for lunch.  It was so fun to see them!
Haley spent the week at our church's girls camp with about 80 other girls.  They had a good ole time!  Brian is able to go down on Friday nights as the bishop and both he and Haley look forward to it.  


We celebrated Father's Day.
The kids went to work with Brian and worked in his lab with the students doing their summer reading and helping out.


We discovered John's Run Walk XC summer races.  They are only $5 for students and $10 for adults.  They were awesome!  Grant ran all 3, Brian and I ran 2 each and Haley ran 1 due to her own XC team practices.  We will definitely do this again next summer.
We placed first in our age groups each time because there was only like 60 runners.  So fun!  We even won some fun raffle prizes.
Grant and Haley did a 3 day 4H camp.  They both swore they would hate it, but they actually loved it a ton and want to do it again next year.  The best part is that is was only $20 a kid!!  And...it was the exact time that I worked so it was a real win/win.

Their projects were judged at the local fair, and both kids have projects going to the state fair!  They even won $9 each in prize money.  So random, yet, so cool.


Brian and Grant went to the Concord de Elegance - a fancy car show at Keenland.  They had a great time.



More XC races...this one only the boys went to.


Just a boy and hit cat...love them!

Grant also took a golf camp through the city.  He really loves golf.  I don't know much about golf, but I support him in trying to learn more.  



My sister Jan came through town on a work trip - doing the accreditation for the VA in town.  It was fun to see her and to have her all to myself since Brian and Haley were at girls camp and my parents were out of town.  Grant, Jan and I had a fun night hanging out.  

Brian's parents were kind enough to fly the kids down for an epic week in Florida with them!  They had such a blast!  I drove them, and Brian to Louisville to catch their flights at 4:30 am.  Brian flew to Boston to accept an award from the APTA and the kids flew south.  

Me and my key chain pocket knife got held up at security!  I got the full pat down, including back of the hand touching around my chest and groin.  The guard searching every nook and cranny in my purse just kept pulling random things out and looking at me like "you are such a weirdo for having this in your purse".  Awesome way to start the day, right there.  Hahaha.  Brian and his fancy TSA pass were so embarrassed.  It just made me laugh.  I've got nothing to hide, so search away!  ...except I do miss my pocket knife :(

The kids really loved their time with family and it was a glimpse of the future when we are empty nesters.  It made me realize how soon this will truly be!  Yikes!

I sent the family away on planes and then trimmed every.single.tree in our yard.  It was so oddly therapeutic.  I had about 20 piles for the city and they took every single one!    
We are super proud of Brian and his Eugene Michaels New Investigator Award.  I love the APTA.  They have been so supportive of Brian and his a career over the last 10 years.  
Brian ran the Bluegrass 10K on July 4th.  He did great!


I tried my best to embrace my curly hair this summer.  I'm too tired of fighting it in the summer heat.  Some days the curl did good and some days it was a mess.  Oh well.  I guess after 41 years I have come to accept that I have curly hair, like it or not!  
My friend Nancy came to town and it was just like old times gabbing away with these ladies.  It's sad when people move, but so fun to pick up and chat.
Like I said, this summer was bonkers, but kinda in a good way.  Brian has had to travel an abnormally large amount this year.  I think the latest number is approaching 60 days gone since January.  But, at least we have been able to tag along on 3 of his work trips, which really makes a difference!  Luckily, now that summer is winding down, so is Brian's busy travel year.  As awesome as summer was, we are all looking forward to settling into the school pace of life and getting back into the fall routine. Now, if I could only accept that fact that I'll have a high schooler on my hands!!  Time is going so quickly! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive