10 Years of Bliss!
Today, at roughly 5 pm, Brian and I will have been married for 10 years! I am forever grateful that Brian and I found each other. Life is certainly full of unexpected turns.
Who would have guessed that I would marry a random old friend from the dorms 5 years after we first met? Who would have guessed that at exactly the right time in both of our lives our paths would cross again and we'd fall head over heals for each other? ...or that I'd move site unseen to Connecticut after I graduated while he finished up his masters? ...or that we'd move to Virginia on a whim just because we thought it was a neat place to live. ....or that we'd leave our jobs, house, and even a promotion, to go back to poverty for a Ph.D. just because it felt right? Who seriously would have guessed that we'd be in Kentucky with our 2 amazing kids...or that we'd actually love it so much here? Not me, that's for sure!
As I think back to my 24 year old self on my wedding day I never could have imagined all the good and bad times that we've been through in the past 10 years. But the one thing I DID know for sure that day was that there is nobody on this planet I'd rather go through it all with. To be loved and admired wholy and completely by Brian has been the greatest gift I've ever been given. I won't even try to guess what the future holds - but as long as I've got Brian by my side, I'm sure we'll make it through just fine, and probably even come out of it with a smile on our faces! Happy Anniversary Brian!!! Love you!
On a side note - after showing Haley this wedding photo she said "Oh my gosh!!! You look SO young, mom!! ...but dad still looks the same!" Ha! Yep - that's another bonus of being married 10 years - you don't look quite the same and you have little ones that will tell you! :)
Comments