July Happenings

This summer is seriously flying by so fast! Here is a sampling of some of the stuff we've been up to this month... We started it out by going to the neighborhood 4th of July parade. They do it up right...horses, police segweys, fire trucks etc. Haley was bummed her scooter didn't win the prize in her age group. Who knew she was in it to win it? I told her next year we'd hit the dollar tree and go crazy with the red, white and blue. We can only hope the poor girl will be riding her bike without training wheels by then! Brian's sister Jenny came for a week visit and we had a blast going to a Legends game, seeing movies and hangin out. Thanks for coming all the way down here Aunt JJ!

I also took the kids home to West Virginia while Brian was out in San Diego for his cousin's wedding and work stuff in LA. We went to the Morgantown kids day downtown and had some fun. Grant loved his balloon plane.
And we went on rides on the PRT. For those non-WVU people - this is what the students ride all over town to get to different parts of the campus. We lived really close to one of the 5 stops so I grew up riding the PRT all over the place - to my dad's office, downtown, etc. It was my main ticket to all over town.
And last, but deffinately not least, we went to one of my favorite places on earth...Kennywood!! I love that place! It's an amusement park in Pittsburgh that I grew up going to every year and now get to see the same joy and excitement all over again in my kids!
Here is Grant's first trip down the log jammer...priceless! His face shows it all. I think he is screaming for his life. His second trip down he was huddled into me. Perhaps 3 years old is a little young to venture out of the kiddy land rides :)
Some pictures from the Kiddy Land rides. The Whip (below) was a favorite, as well as the adult size Whip.
Haley was old enough to ride most of the "big kid" rides and rode her first 2 roller coasters! It was a bonding moment for us, I must say. That kid really is my mini-me. She was so so so happy and squealing with delight. She rode the Pittsburgh Plunge (below) about 5 times straight and was drenched from head to toe and smiling from ear to ear.
Ah, Kennywood! The magical place where children don't fight and are happy all day...at least until you tell them it's time to go. The only thing that could have made it better would have been to have Brian there too. But no worries, I'm sure we'll be back again next year with daddy in tow!

Comments

Okay, that's an amazing neighborhood parade!!! And I love the pictures from WV. When my parents were there last fall (first time ever) they were so impressed, and they told me all about the PRT. Kennywood looks fun, too!
angela said…
Fun! Great pictures! When you say neighborhood parade do you mean Cumberland? I had no idea they did something like that. Fun idea. I LOVE Grant's face on the log ride. For that face, you almost HAVE to buy the expensive shot. Glad you had fun!
Amy said…
What awesome pictures! I love that shot of you guys on the Log Jammer (Kennywood rocks!!) And the PRT--good times, good times. I'm glad Jenny got to visit--looks like she had a good visit.

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive