
I am so excited! Brian is mentioned by name in an 8 page article this month in Runners World!! Woo Hoo! Look in the August 2010 issue under the article Desperate Measures on page 96.
Anything throughout the article about gait retraining is Brian's disertation research work and ironically enough this same part of his disertation came to press this month in the British Journal of Sports Medicine (here's the link to the online version
http://bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2010/06/27/bjsm.2009.069112.short?q=w_bjsm_ahead_tab ). So, you can compare the lay-man's version to the scientific biomechanics version all at the same time - fun for hours, I'm sure. But seriously - I am so stinkin' proud of Brian. I know first hand how many hours he put into finding people for this study - let alone the gazillions of hours it took to collect their data, process the data and write it all up. It really is pretty neat stuff, if I do say so myself. The article in Runners World shows his old lab in Delaware and Dr. Davis was his advisor for his Ph.D. He now has his own lab here in Kentucky that looks very similar to the pictures shown in their article. Here is his UK web page for those of you who haven't seen it yet:
http://www.mc.uky.edu/pt/runninginjurylab/. Way to go Brian! Gait retraining rocks :)
Comments