Summer Week 6

I just realized that week 6 of summer is actually THIS week.  Oopsie.  I got a little ahead of myself.  At any rate, we did go to Kennywood this Monday, and most likely won't do anything exciting the rest of the week, so I'm going to go ahead and post it! 

Before church on Sunday I thought it might be nice to get a picture of my parents and the kids.  Somebody wasn't thrilled about the idea.  Guess who...

 I couldn't stop laughing and that kept making her more and more angy.  I don't care...that picture below is just plain funny. 
 Monday, we headed to Kennywood in Pittsburg for a day of serious fun.  I've gone twice with the kids, but Brian has always managed to not make it...until this year.  It was so fun to have him there too and to see him scream his brains out on all the roller coasters and rides!



 After riding the Pittsburg Plunge last year, Grant decided to stand in the get-wet zone instead. 
You can see him below in orange shorts.  We were all soaking wet to the core.

 Grant was finally tall enough for Raging Rapids.  He loved it!  He even got the totally soaked under the waterfall...twice! 
Even though a super rainstorm closed the park early around 6ish, we still had a full day and rode everything we wanted to.  It was the first time I have left Kennywood before dark in my entire 35 years of going!  Plus, they handed out rain-date passes so my sister and her family are going to go again next month!  Bonus :)  As always, it was a great day!  Thanks mom and dad and thanks Kennywood for still being awesome!

Comments

Anonymous said…
What a fun day we had at Kennywood! Love that place! A good time was had by all.
Ashlee said…
Does this mean that your home?! A month is too long to go without seeing you!
Amy said…
Priceless pictures of Haley--I love it!! yay Kennywood!! We just got back from Six Flags St. Louis and got rained out too but no free passes--boo. I'm so glad Brian finally experienced an amusement park!
That is really fun!! The frowny pictures are so funny--I think there is one in every family (which reassures me quite a bit, actually).
Anonymous said…
Boy, am I behind on the life and times of the Norhren family!!! What a fun trip you had. We've got to set a date for our own pizza rootbeer night!!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan