Summer Weeks 7 & 8
It's been super hot and muggy lately, so we spent most of week 7 at the pool or indoors! We did manage to make it out for a fun date night with friends though.
Somehow we ended up in Brian's lab with Drew as the guinea pig. I'll spare him the pictures of where his shorts are also hiked way up. All in the name of science, right? We're such geeks.
During week 8 we had two major "first" for the kids. Haley jumped off the high dive for the first time and loved it so much she's gone back and back for more. Here is the approach...
...and take off.
And Grant is tall enough to go on the waterslide!
Our good friends, The Clarks, from our Lexington, Virginia days were in town for a conference and it's been a blast hanging out every day! Here is Amber and their adorable adopted daughter Gabby. She is precious in every way and is one lucky girl to have the two best parents in the world!
We also went bowling and Haley scored her first strike! She was elated!!
Here's proof. You might also notice that I also bowled a strike and two spares :)
By game two, Grant was more interested in being crazy than bowling. Silly boy!
Haley was also lucky enough to be invited to go to the Great Wolf Lodge (an indoor waterpark/hotel in Cincinnati) with her good friend from across the street for her 8th birthday. She is in waterpark heaven as I write. I can't believe there is only 1 more full week until school starts! It's been a really fun and busy summer and I've loved every minute of it!
Comments
Cara
I love your weeks of summer reports! This looks like 2 great weeks. I have to say how much I enjoy seeing the dear Powells faces in your photos. I miss them! Glad you get to spend time with them. The high dive reminds me of when I would go off it at the pool in Orem when we were visiting Grandma. I was SO BRAVE, and I basically just dropped off the end of it (no jumping). Ah, the olden days. Great summer, Ang!