Blast From the Past

Thanks to my sister Cara's efforts to organize family photos, I was inspired to take out my mess of photos and try to get them in order.  Since we are old and have lots of pre-digital pictures I selected a random few to scan that warmed my heart or made me laugh to share:

This is one my mom took for our engagment photos at the park in Mansfield, Connecticut.  Such a happy time! 
Circa Spring 2000, age 24.
I love this one because it is from our first house in Lexington, Virginia and it completely captures the rolly polly, rosy cheeky, stone-facey cuteness of our 3 month old Haley. 
Circa 2003, age 27.
I sooo love this one of Brian after the Marine Mud Run in Roanoke, Virginia.  It was so fun to watch this race and even more fun to watch everyone wash off by being blasted by fire truck hoses. 
Circa 2004, age 28. 

Here is one from our Moab, Utah trip for Michelle's wedding with Haley's broken leg.  She sure was a champ, under the circumstances.  It brings back many happy, and overwhelming memories all meshed together!  She even had a previously scheduled surgery and sedated MRI with that broken leg once we got home.  It made me grateful for children that can walk and no longer having to cart around 2 non-walking kids. 
Circa Fall 2007, age 31.
 I just love this one of Grant.  He was and is such a happy thing! 
Circa Fall 2007, Grant age 1.
Here is an oldie but goodie.  The pictures aren't the best, but it one of only two pictures I have of Brian and I from freshman year at the U of U, many years before love bloomed for us.  You might notice my lack of maturity and Brian's lack of facial hair :) 
Circa 1994, age 18.
I saved the best for last.  The most prized gem of all.  In case I forgot how painfully awkward junior high was, this is proof.  It hurts just looking at this! 
Circa late 80's, age 12ish?
I have a lot of work to get my pictures in order, but it sure has been fun to sift through them.  It makes me grateful for the progression of life.  I've learned so much through each phase, and am excited to be 90 and finally know it all :)  I've certainly come a long way since those band days and look forward to where life will take us.

Comments

Bev said…
Loved the pictures. I could supply you with a Brian picture from the middle school days. I have many years of pjoto's that need to be gone through. It's interesting to see how everyone changes. SO at 90 people will think I know things.
angela said…
I LOVE looking at old pics. Thanks for sharing!! Your kids are darling and I especially love the band photo. The 80's were awesome!!
angela said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said…
So fun to look at your pictures! You and Brian have a super family. I have to say that I didn't know that age 90 was the magic year. Looking forward to that.
I love these!!! I hope Cara comments after me because I want to say WAY TO GO on getting family pictures organized so that it encouraged you to do it. If anyone has seen my blog more than twice, you know how I am about pictures and preserving memories, so I am excited that you got this chance to go through the pictures. I know exactly how you feel when you do--it's AWESOME. I love the pictures you posted and all their memories. So neat!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan