MOSI Science Center

Sadly, Papa caught a cold somewhere and wasn't able to make it to the Science Center.  He would have loved it.  The kids were right in their element.  Admission even included a IMAX dome movie and a planetarium show.  We spent over 5 hours here and the kids could have lasted more I'm sure. 
 
On a side note, us grown-ups even learned a few things!  In the planetarium show they went over different constellations but the coolest thing was learning about the north star.  Maybe you are smarter than me, but I never knew that it is the only star in the northern hemisphere sky that never moves because of its location to earth above the north pole.  All the other stars will move across the sky each night as the earth turns, but the north star stays exactly in the same place.  Very cool, and very symbolic. This explains why people have used it for navigation for centuries.  It is the only reliable star and always points north. 
 
Haley riding a bike on a wire 3 stories up
Grant has been very interested by severe weather lately so he was loving the "disaster zone" section of the museum. 
 

Hurricane Simulator
Mimi and Haley in a 75 mph wind tunnel. 

 
The kids loved this awesome ropes coarse
Grant waaay up there
 

Comments

Wow, that looks fun! And I love learning all sorts of new stuff when I go places, too. It's cool. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan