Snow Days

This winter we've had our share of snow days.  I'm not sure the kids have had a full week of school since Christmas break.  I think today is snow day number 10.  On the plus side - it's been kinda fun!  

Here is master snow fort builder Brian at his best:

After a week straight off of school we got tired of the snow and headed to the library.  Usually we stick to the kids section, but I showed them the magazines this time.  Car and Driver and Consumer Reports car edition had Grant entertained for a good long while and Haley oohed and ahhhed at the adorable cats in Cat Fancy.  

It was a huge blessing because for weeks Grant has been asking which cars are better than others and which are the best etc. and I realized that something so subjective is quite hard to explain to a 7 year old.  Trust me - I tried on nearly every car ride we took every day.  Enter Consumer Reports yearly car edition.  I showed him how they rank different cars on different things and even best over all or best used cars etc.  I also googled which companies own which brands (another constant line of questioning) and it seemed to satisfy his constant questioning!  

Haley beat me in Monopoly and we hit the local sledding hills many, many times! 










Comments

Jennifer Wise said…
How fun. I love the magazine section idea. Cool!!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan