Vegas
Last week Brian had a conference in Las Vegas. Since he didn't love his last 2 trips to Vegas, I talked him into going a day early, renting a car, and going for a hike at Red Rock forest - and he took the bait! I was so excited for him. He loves the mountains and I knew this would be just what he needed.
After driving to Louisville at 2 am through the year's biggest ice storm (yikes!) his flight left on time (miracle!) and for a mere $10 upgrade this fun little rental was waiting for him.
He loved his run/hike through beautiful Red Rock. Isn't is gorgeous! Jealous!
He even found an In-Out Burger. What a day. He was kinda stressed that I had made him take a "fun" day, but after it was over he was all smiles and said he was super glad I made him do it, which makes me smile.
He gave a successful symposium presentation and his students were some of the only non-Ph.D's to present their posters in the whole conference. They did a great job!
Once they got back to Kentucky, this sign greeted him on Monday. A whole week of birthday celebrations for Brian. They made rice krispies yesterday, and brought in oreos today. What great students! He always brings in treats for their birthdays, or lab meetings etc., and it was so nice of them to do that for him.











Comments