Judging

I am not a working mother, and I do not live in Connecticut anymore, but I am a big fan of ctworkingmoms.com.  Of course, I am a little biased since my sister in law, Michelle is the founder!  But seriously, I feel like a proud big sister.  She has created such a wonderful space of sisterhood, love and friendship on her website.  Michelle and her bloggers have made me think about things differently, given me pointers, made me laugh, and even cry.  The world is full of haters and it is nice to find a place that supports loving those around us, even if (and especially if) we don't even agree on certain things.  There is always a common ground and a place for love.

As a life-long active member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon) I was always taught to not judge others.  You know - it's a basic Christian principle.  Trust me, plenty of people have not-so-nicely judged me for my beliefs, and it just doesn't leave you with a "let's be friends" type of feeling.  So, I'm all for leaving the judging to God.  

One of my church's leaders, Dieter Uchtdorf,  recently said it best:

"This topic of judging others could actually be taught in a two-word sermon. When it comes to hating, gossiping, ignoring, ridiculing, holding grudges, or wanting to cause harm, please apply the following:

Stop it!

It’s that simple. We simply have to stop judging others and replace judgmental thoughts and feelings with a heart full of love for God and His children."

It nearly broke my heart when I heard that some people think this whole judgement free motherhood stuff if a bunch of hooey.  I guess part of it is because I love Michelle and know her heart and intentions are good.  But mostly it made me sad because the irony of it all is I guess people like to judge others!  It must make them feel good.  I guess we all do it to a certain extent.  

I just hope that all 3 people that might read this will know that I stand with Michelle and Dieter Uchtdorf and that no matter how different yours and my views may be on any given topic, I will treat you with love and respect, and I hope you'll do the same for me.  You've got a friend in me!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Ang I love, love, love this! Thanks for writing about the judgement-free motherhood stuff. You are a big source of inspiration for me, I have long admired the way you parent your kids. Thanks for being the best sister-in-law ever!

xoxoxox

-Michelle
Amen, sister!!! I love it! It's so needed!!

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan