Siesta Key
We ventured out to Siesta Key - the number one beach in America. Apparently, the rest of the Florida spring breakers wanted to check it out too. It was packed and parking took a while, but the beautiful white sand and blue water were mesmerizing. The sand feels like baby powder!
Brian dug a big hole with seats and the kids spent hours playing in it.
All that sitting in the sand must have rubbed off Haley's sunscreen on the backs of her legs because they were beet red the next day. Poor thing. She got so burnt last summer on our trip that I was super diligent in applying and reapplying sunscreen this time, so I'm blaming it on the sand :) After some googling, I tried one suggested method of applying an apple cider vinegar/water mix with a wash cloth to the burn and it actually helped speed up the healing. Who knew. My poor fair skinned beauty. As for me - I gained another 75 freckles. Some people just aren't meant for sun...even though we love it!




Comments