Gearing up for Christmas
Taking family photos for our Christmas cards is one of my family's least favorite things to do. I love it, they hate it. I plan it all out, get excited, they complain a bunch, and then I get angry. I like to think that's what is really going on behind those glowing pictures on everyone's beautiful cards to make myself feel better.
So, to avoid the drama, this year I kept it quick and easy. We used my parents brick courtyard as our backdrop and had my mom snap a bunch of pictures with my camera. It honestly took 15 minutes tops and nobody got angry - even me!
I love this one of Haley!
I think we used this one on the card with Brian's shoe cropped out
They might not be professional, but everyone was happy and that's good enough for me!
We decorated the house,
Played dreidel,
and went to my dad's holiday chorus concert.
I also helped plan and decorate our ward's Christmas party. We had a great turn out - but I only took pictures the day before! Oops.
We fulfilled a long time family goal of running a 5K together - the Ugly Christmas Sweater 5K in Nicholasville. Grant has been training and successfully ran the whole 3 miles. Brian and I ran with him the whole time to keep him company and keep his spirits up. Haley left us all in the dust. Grandma and Grandpa cheered us on.
It was an abnormally hot December. Here were are all sweaty after we finished. I think I remember my mom saying "let me take you picture - you guys look AWFUL" and then laughing. hahaha.
The best part is that this was only the second year they've done this race and there was only about 75 people total - so low and behold - 3 of us got trophies for our age groups. Haley rocked it and ran her best and came in first for her age group. Grant also ran his best and came in third for his age group. Brian and I ran with Grant - but I still got 3rd in my age group. So funny! I'm pretty sure there must have only been 3 in my age group - hence the 3rd place. Brian must have lucked out. Maybe there were too many boys in his age group.
We will definitely make this a yearly event. It's a hilly race, but we loved the small town life and the Christmas parade after was awesome.
Grant's cub scout pack sang at a local rest home. They did a great job.
December was super super busy, but also great in so many ways!















Comments