Thanksgiving
Ahhh - Thanksgiving. I love Thanksgiving. So yummy. This year we had my sister Cara and her family in town from DC, Jasper and his family, and my parents. It was a great crowd. Jasper's family couldn't have chosen a better 3 months to come to the US - they hit most of the big holidays and it was fun to share it with them.
I love to host Thanksgiving, but I realized this year that I don't love making mashed potatoes. They stress me out because they have to be done at the very end, are messy and drive me nuts. So, it was a big win/win for my parents and me when they decided to make the mashed potatoes and I decided to make the desserts. It was awesome!! Plus, we all agree grandpa makes the best mashed potatoes. I think they might be making mashed potatoes forever now.
I made homemade rolls that were good, but maybe not the "world's best" as the recipe stated. I'm pretty sure we had a pie per person on the dessert bar, haha! We might have gone a little overboard.
Pulling out the china, goblets and fine silverware just makes me happy. It also makes me think of Brian's mom who talked me into china all those years ago and helped us get most of it. Even though they weren't with us, they were close to our thoughts as we scarfed down our food!
We turned the dinning room table into the kids table this time.
This picture of Tijn and Juliette might be my favorite of the day.










Comments