Last Two Days in Boston

Friday, the kids and I were going to take a day trip to Salem, but we decided we were to wiped out and opted to just veg out.  We swam in the morning, went to lunch, shopped a little (we found a Nordstrom Rack!) and chillaxed a bunch.  It was actually really nice.  That night after Brian was done, we headed over to the Boston Children's Museum, since admission is only $1 on Friday nights.  The kids loved their epic climbing tower.  So glad they are big enough for me to have to crawl up in there after them anymore!

  We cruised through the museum pretty quick since most of it is geared towards younger kids, but we still had a great time and were happy Brian could come with us. 
 We saw this lego corner walking around.  Pretty cool brick replacement, huh!
 Saturday afternoon Brian was done for the day, so we headed out to Cambridge to walk around Harvard.  I love Cambridge.  It is my favorite part of Boston.  I first went on a few days off from my summer camp job in Maine when I was 19 with some of my camp friends from England and we had a blast.  
 This time, we took an official tour. 

 It was a pretty hot day...can you tell the family loved it??  Haha.
 
 After filling up on pizza we were all in better shape.
 Next up, we headed back over to Boston Harbor and took a Harbor cruise.  It was the first time either Brian or I had ever done one and we loved it!  Who knew there were so many islands out there in the Harbor.   

 We checked out some jellyfish while waiting to load the boat.
 





 To end the day, our good friends from UConn, the Joyce's met us for dinner.  It was so great to meet their adorable little boys and catch up.  Brian and John were on the crew team together for a few years at UConn and were eventually roommates too.  John and Steph have been together longer than any of us and they were always so welcoming to me when I just sprang onto the scene in Connecticut.  Haley celebrated her first birthday at their beautiful wedding in New York state.  They will always be some of my favorite people to hang out with.  I just wish we had time to visit with all of our other Boston friends!  Too little time!  



 Who knows why, but there were fireworks that night once we got back to our hotel room.  It must be Boston's way of saying farewell to us.
 Boston was everything I remember it being.  I loved sharing it with my kids and adding new happy memories to the many we had nearly 16 years ago when we lived close by.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Life is Expensive

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Easter Visit