Run Girl Run!

Today was my second half marathon in Louisville and I LOVED it!! I ran my tail off and beat my first time by 4 minutes....that's what you get when you train with lightning fast Lora I guess!! My goal was 2 hours...but my official time was 1:58. Woo Hoo! Bonus! I was 113 in my division and 579 female overall...considering there was 15,000 runners I'll take it. Lora rocked out with a 1:53. I told her she better not run with slow old me or I'd be mad. Here I am below in blue at mile 12 hating life...but it should stink at mile 12 since it's that last mile!
Now let's just hope the 8+ blisters I have on my feet from the rain get better! Ouch.
We went up the day before and took the kids to the zoo. It was great! The animals were very active and soooo close the the observations windows. We had a great time.
Grant and Brian on the merry-go-round.
Haley and Brian....hahaha....I mean Haley and the orangutang. He just sat there and looked at us. It was amazing to look eye to eye with an orangutang.
Of course the kids also swam a zillion times in the hotel pool and we even got to eat out at the Old Spaghetti Factory where we had our first date almost 10 years ago. And on top of it all the town was overtaken by DECA kids for their national conference. It took me back to my DECA queen days as state VP. What a weekend! Time for a movie night and lots of rest.

Comments

angela said…
Congrats!! Congrats!! Congrats!! So excited that you beat your time. So sad I didn't get to cheer you on. Can't wait to chat tomorrow!!
Anonymous said…
Congrats again! You are THE WOMAN!!
AnnMarie said…
I was thinking of you guys today and wondering if it was wet and soggy. 1:56 Woo Hoo!! You are awesome! Now that you've run two halves does that count as a whole marathon? ;)
Ashlee said…
Nice work!!! I'm not going to lie a part of me wishes I had ran today, well, more like trained with you guys and than ran today:)
Jacklyn said…
I was thinking of you all weekend, wish I was there. And congrats on the time that is awesome!! Your a rockstar!!
Megan said…
Holy Cow! That's so awesome! Way to run!
Amy said…
I am so impressed, Ang, seriously. And you beat your time, too! I am so proud of you.
Lora said…
We did it! It was fun! Thanks for the good company on the long runs.
Wow! Way to go. I am so impressed. I would have given up at blister #1. (p.s. I LOVE Old Spaghetti Factory!! We don't have one near us any more now that we live in NY.)

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Life is Expensive

Science Center & Niagara Falls