Christmas Break! Finally!!

Some years breaks from school just meant more work and energy for me but I was honestly so excited for Christmas break this year.  I think we all just needed a big two week break with not much on the calendar.  I realized that for the last year we have travelled on nearly every break from school - which is fun - but not really a "break" for any of us. 
 
I'm not sure why, but fifth grade has been more demanding on Haley than previous grades and by that last week of school there were tears and I could tell my little Haley was just too stressed out - so we were all counting down the days to Christmas break this year!  We made cookies, played car town, slept in (yes - they actually slept in!), watched tv, went shopping, and played lots of games.  Just what the doctor ordered!!  It's been heavenly!!



Comments

Anonymous said…
Break time--the best!
I know! We need REAL breaks, too. It's great that way.
Amy said…
I can't show my kids this post. I just COULDN'T bring myself to do sugar cookie decorating with them this year! We did other fun stuff, though. :) Glad you had a good Christmas break.

Popular posts from this blog

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Aquarium & CN Tower

Dearborn, Michigan