WV Thanksgiving 2013
As usual, we headed to West Virginia for Thanksgiving. I realized it had been quite a while since I had been home - maybe almost a year?? At any rate - it's always good to be home. All of my sisters except Amy and her family were able to make it.
I couldn't resist taking this cute picture of my parent's house that they have owned for nearly 40 years. It is such a cute 1920's house full of lots of memories.
Grant, the dreidel king, brought along his dreidel's to play with his cousins since Hanukah came early this year over Thanksgiving.
The Rainbow Looms were the major hit of the weekend. A serious amount of bracelets were made by the cousins. Alexander was especially talented and was very kind to give many away to his pesky, but cute, younger cousin Grant who would just walk around asking everyone working on one if "that one was for him".
Since we all don't fit in the house - it was our turn in a hotel. In true Noehren fashion we were swimming at 7am each morning and had the whole pool to ourselves. Leave it to Brian to figure out that if he jumped up and down in the middle of the pool while holding both kids in his arms he could create his own wave pool that literally overflowed the edges. Oopsie. The kids loved it! We enjoyed a 6 mile Thanksgiving day run and a little black Friday shopping.
We stayed an extra day for the football game and went on a PRT ride at the kids request first. Below are The Tower's dorms right by my house. I'm just now realizing how unique it was to grow up a block away from there. It was basically my playground growing up - my sisters and I just kinda used it as an extension of our house. We'd play tennis on the tennis courts, sled down their hill, sell lemonade to the students, spend our allowance on the treats in their vending machines, and even did crafts and learned pottery skills in their pottery/craft room. How random is that? The clay napkin holder that my mom used for years was made by me at the Towers.
Also, equally unique was living so close to the PRT station. It was our ticket to anywhere in town. One stop was my dad's office in Woodburn Hall and the other station was downtown at the courthouse where my mom worked. It was a different time, because I'm pretty sure kids today aren't able to roam free all over town like I did growing up. That must be where I get my adventurous spirit, haha.
My dad was kind enough to give Brian and I his tickets to the final game of the season. The students were still out of town, so the craziness level was pretty low - but for us it was still super awesome!
It was really, really cold - but we came bundled up and were so excited we didn't care.
They had these heads on a stick of the coach so Brian and I tried taking a picture to make it look like me and coach. If only my head was a little bigger...
Well, remember when I said we didn't care how cold it was? That kinda changed once the sun went down and the game went into TRIPLE overtime. Yes, triple. And in true WVU fashion - we lost. We were frozen stiff. But, ya know what? I'd do it again. It was a great night!












Comments