Las Vegas

The next morning Brian headed off to present at the conference and I slept in, switched hotels, and shopped.  Works for me!  The conference put us up at one hotel the first night, and we could have stayed the whole time, but we decided to switch to be able to check out 2 hotels and I'm super glad we did!  The Vdara was nice, but the Palazzo was heavenly!  

Brian took me to see what he considers an engineering marvel - the spiral escalator in the Caesar's Palace Shops.  I tease him, but it was pretty cool.  It took our simple brains a few moments to figure out how must work...think about it.  
We went the week before Easter and all the hotels were all decked out with spring flowers and displays.  They really were beautiful.  It reminded me of the NYC Macy's before Easter.  That place is full to the brim with flowers and just smells heavenly.  This butterfly flapped his wings and his eyelids went up and down.  So cute!  This carousel was completely made of flowers and spun and the horses went up and down.  I could have taken a million other pictures of things equally pretty around every corner.  Vegas sure knows how to go big!


Our room at the Palazzo wins for coolest room we have ever stayed in.  It had 2 tv's and even had it's own sectional!  It felt a waste to have just us two in such a big room.  We would just sit by our 46th floor window and check everything out. 
This sports betting room in the Wynn was something else to behold, especially during March Madness.  It was packed and the energy was palpable since there was money on the table.  All I know is people were very happy when Wisconsin won by more than 6 points that night.  Oh, and who knew you could even bet on college hockey and the other things on the side boards.  
After his conference duties were done I introduced Brian to my version of Vegas - pool, buffet, and a show - 3 things he's never done in Vegas.  It's my job to make sure he relaxes and has fun!


Success!  Brian zonked out every time. 

I hemmed and hawed about going for months, but I'm so glad I did.  It was just what we both needed.  We came home feeling energized and recharged.  I am grateful every day for Brian.  When we were dating I used to joke that I special ordered him because he was exactly what I was looking for and I still feel the same 15 years later.

Comments

Wow, how fun!! I always think of Vegas as sort of trashy, but probably because I never stayed in any place as nice as yours. That looks AWESOME!!

Popular posts from this blog

Dr. Noehren is Now FUNDED....a Little!!!!!!!!!!!

Science Center & Niagara Falls

Life is Expensive