Our Last Day in Yellowstone
We spent the last day hanging out with Brian's parents driving to a few spots we hadn't stopped at yet. By now, Brian had caught Haley's cold and was not feeling that great, but he plugged along.
Me, on the other hand still had intense calf pain from the hike two days before, mixed in with some saddle soreness, so I shuffled the best I could. I've never had that happen before! My legs were so sore I couldn't even make it down the little hill below so I happily sat and took in the view and ease dropped on hikers walking past. My favorite snippet was from two ladies in their 60's walking up a steep section to where I was sitting. One says "I just love the geology here! Barb...just tell me if you are getting tired of me going on an on about all of this amazing geology." Not missing a beat, Barb replies amid huffs and puffs climbing up the hill "Ok...(puff, puff)...I'm getting tired of hearing about all of this geology," to which the first lady just says a sad "Oh." Haha! Barb then said she was just kidding - but even I knew she wasn't. I laughed about that one for a good while to myself.
This is my favorite picture of Grant from the whole trip. Haley took it. I love it because he would just mock us all taking pictures and be like "Oh! This is amazing! Click, click click." and take his fake photos. It cracked me up.
Us thinking we are photo bombing Haley's picture, not realizing we are the only thing in her picture. Haha. Well played Haley.
Back at the house, Haley and Mimi played Canasta while Grant taught Papa how to play his racing game on the iPad. One night Grant invited us all to an America Ninja Warrior party in the basement. He's a persuasive little guy - plus who doesn't love America Ninja Warrior? No matter how hot it got during the day (mid 90's) it was always so nice to have that cool mountain air sweep in during the night.




Comments